Tie key result progress directly to execution. When you create your key result, click "Advanced options," then select WorkBoard workstreams. Search for one or more existing workstreams, or create a new custom or completion workstream.
Calculate progress based on the percentage of action items completed, the number of action items done, or average cycle time.
- Select percentage completion if you want to track the percentage of action items in the selected workstream(s) that were due and marked done during your objective's timeframe. Your result will be calculated as the number of completed action items with a due date in the objective's timeframe divided by the total number of actions in the timeframe.
- Select quantity complete if you want to track the number of action items in the selected workstream(s) that were due and marked done during your objective's timeframe.
- Select average cycle time if you want to track the average number of days it takes to complete the action items in the selected workstream(s) that are due during your objective's timeframe.
Note: The following factors affect the progress calculations of key results sourced from workstreams:
- Only action items with a due date within the objective's date range are included in the key result calculation. If an action item does not have a due date, or if the due date falls before or after the timeframe of the objective, it will not be included. (In contrast, the progress you see at the top of the workstream's Board or List views includes all of the actions in the workstream, regardless of due date.)
- Action items with a status of "Done" count towards the total complete. Action items with a status of "Pause," "Next," and "Doing" all count towards the incomplete total.
- Action items with a greater level of effort count as a greater percentage of a workstream's progress than actions with a low level of effort.