Use Source from Asana to automatically update your key result based upon the number of items marked complete in an Asana project.
Steps to Create a Key Result from Asana
To create a key result sourced from Asana, click on More options as you create your key result from the Objective Wizard. In the Create Key Result modal, click on Change data source type -> KPI catalogue or integrations and select AsanaWhen you create your first key result sourced from Asana, you will be asked to provide an Asana access token. To get your token:
- Log in to Asana
- Click your profile photo
- Click My Profile Settings
- Click the Apps tab
- Click Manage Developer Apps
- Under PERSONAL ACCESS TOKENS, click Create New Personal Access Token
- Put any description that'll help you remember the purpose of this token (eg: Workboard), leave the Webhook ID Behavior to Use default behavior, and click the Create button
- Copy the token and paste it into the field provided on Workboard
Name your key result, then click the checkbox next to the project you want to track. Your result will automatically update every night.