If you're already tracking work for yourself or a team in a spreadsheet, or you have projects that tend to follow the same process — onboarding checklist for new clients or release cycles and testing— create an excel template and import your projects into Workboard for a fast launch.
Simply update start dates, due dates and action owners prior to import, and in moments everyone will have their own to-do list that they can work and collaborate on from web or phone.
Restructure your existing data with the following headers or use this handy Excel file template so your data goes in the right way. Download Excel template. (It's sometimes easier to use this template as an intermediary, especially if you have a lot of hidden columns or complex formatting.)
Set your column headings in your Excel file as shown here:
- Priority - Must be High or H, Medium or M, Low or L
- Status - Must be Next, Doing, Pending or Done
- Description - This is the action item description
- Effort - Must be High or H, Medium or M, Low or L
- Notes - This text will go in the notes field
- Rating - Must be Red or R, Amber or A, Green or G
- Due date - Due date of the action item (leave blank if no date)
- Start date - Start date of the action item (leave blank if no date)
- Workstream - The name of the workstream that the action item should be added to (note: if all action items in an import will be added to a single workstream, you can choose that Workstream on the import wizard and leave this field blank)
- Loop - A comma separated list of emails that are added to the loop
- Owner - The person who owns the action item (use email address)
- Type - Indicates wether the action item is a regular action item, or the sub-action of another action item. If set to Child or C, the item is set to become the sub-action of the last parent action item in the file.
Once your Excel file is ready, click on your profile picture or the settings icon on the upper right corner of your page to select Integrations and Import from the Preferences menu. The Import page in Workboard will walk you through the process!