Bring WorkBoard OKRs into your Jira experience to see the outcomes that your work in Jira drives.
The Jira plugin will also let you see all the key results you are responsible for and source data for your key results directly from completion of work in Jira.
- Authenticate through SSO
- See your My OKRs page in your Jira environment
- View and update the key results you are responsible for updating
- Integrate Jira to get data for your key results with JQL queries
Steps to authenticate:
- Navigate to the “WorkBoard” tab on your Jira instance and click “My OKRs”. This is set up by your company’s Jira admin.
- Click the “Connect WorkBoard” button to sign in with your WorkBoard account.
- You may be prompted to login to WorkBoard. If so, login at this time.
- You should now see your “My OKRs” page view that you see in WorkBoard in Jira. This page will function very similarly to the experience in WorkBoard, letting you expand objectives to see key results and to click to open details.
You will also be able to see all of the key results that you are responsible for updating if you have been assigned key results to update. To get to this view, click the “WorkBoard” tab and then click “Update Key Results”.
From this view you can click “Use JQL to Update” for applicable key result types in order to source the data directly from a JQL query within Jira.
When you click “Use JQL to Update” you will be prompted with a popup window where you can input your JQL query and then click “Save”.
After saving, you can stop sourcing from JQL by clicking the pencil icon and “Disconnect your JQL Update” at any time.
Additional items to note:
- Key results that have percentages as targets will require two JQL query input fields -- ways to calculate both the numerator and denominator so that it is clear what percentage the update is at.
- JQL will be synced on a regular cadence each day, but the “Sync JQL Data” button is a way to immediately sync all JQL data to WorkBoard.